Pavement Technology Inc.
Pavement Technology represents a new and innovative addition to conventional and superpave hot-mix design protocols. PTI manufactures a broad line of laboratory sampling and testing equipment for the hot-mix asphalt and aggregate industry. This equipment includes:
- Gradation Units
- Sampling Devices
Formed in the spring of 1996, PTI has a modern manufacturing facility located in Covington, Georgia, just minutes from downtown Atlanta.
Asphalt Pavement Analyzer - APA
A multifunctional loaded wheel tester used for valuating permanent deformation (rutting), fatigue cracking, and moisture susceptibility of both hot and cold asphalt mixes.
The APA can test gyratory, vibratory, marshall specimens, field cores & roadway
slabs in a temperature controlled chamber. A repeated load is applied to the test
specimens in a dry or wet condition. A typical test runs 8000 cycles and takes 2
hours & 15 minutes to finish. In this period of time the APA can predict how
an asphalt mix will perform during it’s life span. Users are able to avoid
failures and maximize profits by having reliable and accurate performance data about
the aggregates, asphalt’s, polymers, and related materials.
The APA features an Automated Data Acquisition System that obtains all rutting measurements and plots them in a graphical and numeric format.
More Information . . . . . . .
Capabilities of the APA and APA jr.
- Hamburg AASHTO 324-04
- APA Rut Test AASHTO T340
- Texas DOT T242-F
- Has a Frequency Drive that allows a user to test asphalt mixes at multiple speeds and multiple rates of loading
- Has a High-Pressure Option that allows a user to test airport/runway mixes in excess of 250psi
- Can test 4" and 6" Marshall Samples, Gyratory Samples, Roadway Cores, and Beam Specimens
- Can test Slurry Seal and Microsurfacing Mixes
- Can test mixes in an environmentally controlled chamber wet or dry.